Robert H. Lustig, M.D., M.S.L.
is Professor emeritus of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). He specializes in the field of neuroendocrinology, with an emphasis on the regulation of energy balance by the central nervous system. His research and clinical practice has focused on childhood obesity and diabetes. Dr. Lustig holds a Bachelor’s in Science from MIT, a Doctorate in Medicine from Cornell University. Medical College, and a Master’s of Studies in Law from U.C. Hastings College of the Law.
Dr. Lustig has fostered a global discussion of metabolic health and nutrition, exposing some of the leading myths that underlie the current pandemic of diet-related disease. He believes the food business, by pushing processed food loaded with sugar, has hacked our bodies and minds to pursue pleasure instead of happiness; fostering today’s epidemics of addiction and depression. Yet by focusing on real food, we can beat the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity, and disease.
Adidas R1 A.I Camo Red Apple 2.0 1/900 UK10.5 US11 Boost Limited Ltd AI NMD nnoowk2331-Athletic Shoes
Dr. Lustig’s new book is The Hacking of the American Mind.
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item in the original packaging (such as the original box or bag) ... Read moreabout the condition
|Size:||UK10.5 US11||Product Line:||NMD|
|Colour:||Red||UPC:||Does not apply|
You’ve heard of the ‘fog of war’? What about the ‘fog of food’? Can you wade through the flood of the soft drinks aisle? Or through the tundra of the frozen food aisle? Can you extricate yourself from the debris in the chips aisle? We lost 50,000 lives in Vietnam. But we lose hundreds of thousands every year from the damage done in the supermarket.
- NEW!! Stuart Weitzman 'Kent" Flatform Oxford - Grey-Size 10 M - $455-(J2)
- Tecnica Women's Moon Boot WE Monaco Boot Denim Blue 39 M EU
- New Balance MPACEPB2 2E Wide Vazee Pace v2 Protect Pack Blue Men MPACEPB2 2E
- adidas Originals Nizza Black White Canvas Men Casual Shoes Sneakers CQ2332
- New Balance Womens GW500V1 Trainers, White WhiteGold, 6 EU
- LADIES BOGS BUTTERFLY PURPLE INSULATED WARM WATERPROOF WELLIES BOOT 72115
- Men/Women Billini Heels Oriana Size US8 flagship store New in stock Elegant and solemn
- Steve Madden Hugh Embellished Mule 1/2" Heel Slip-on size 5.5 NEW IN BOX
- STUART WEITZMAN INTERMEZZO Pink Man Made Designer Loafers Comfort 8.5 M
- Womens J.Renee. 2116-49 Black Flats 7 M
Sugar is now the most ubiquitous foodstuff worldwide, and has been added to virtually every processed food, limiting consumer choice and the ability to avoid it. Approximately 80 percent of the 6,000,000 consumer packaged foods in the United States have added caloric sweeteners.
Sugar’s not dangerous because of its calories, or because it makes you fat. Sugar is dangerous because it’s sugar. It’s not nutrition. When consumed in excess, it’s a toxin. And it’s addictive.
There is nothing that will improve your health, your well-being, your achievement, your sense of accomplishment, your sense of community, and the health and happiness of your family as much as cooking yourself and enjoying a meal with others.
What’s the difference between marketing and propaganda?
The food industry has propagandized the last 40 years of nutritional information.
They got rich, and we got sick.
Time to embrace the real science of real food.