Robert H. Lustig, M.D., M.S.L.
is Professor emeritus of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). He specializes in the field of neuroendocrinology, with an emphasis on the regulation of energy balance by the central nervous system. His research and clinical practice has focused on childhood obesity and diabetes. Dr. Lustig holds a Bachelor’s in Science from MIT, a Doctorate in Medicine from Cornell University. Medical College, and a Master’s of Studies in Law from U.C. Hastings College of the Law.
Dr. Lustig has fostered a global discussion of metabolic health and nutrition, exposing some of the leading myths that underlie the current pandemic of diet-related disease. He believes the food business, by pushing processed food loaded with sugar, has hacked our bodies and minds to pursue pleasure instead of happiness; fostering today’s epidemics of addiction and depression. Yet by focusing on real food, we can beat the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity, and disease.
Prada Black Patent Leather Side Zipper High Heel Ankle Boot Shoe US 7.5 nnwjhj1531-Boots
Dr. Lustig’s new book is The Hacking of the American Mind.
|Condition:|| : |
An item that has been or previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes:||“SIGN OF WEAR AS PICTURED. MISSING THE HOLDING PART OF A ZIPPER. SEE ALL PICS.”|
|US Shoe Size (Women's):||7.5||Heel Height:||High (3 in. and Up)|
|Material:||Patent Leather||Country/Region of Manufacture:||Italy|
|Color:||Black||Width:||Medium (B, M)|
|UPC:||Does not apply|
You’ve heard of the ‘fog of war’? What about the ‘fog of food’? Can you wade through the flood of the soft drinks aisle? Or through the tundra of the frozen food aisle? Can you extricate yourself from the debris in the chips aisle? We lost 50,000 lives in Vietnam. But we lose hundreds of thousands every year from the damage done in the supermarket.
- Teva Women's Delavina Suede Boot Black 8 M US
- Frye Women's Black Mustang Stitch Short Boot 6417 Size 7B
- Authentic Loriblu Suede Italian Designer Collection Boots Sizes 6,7,9,10,11
- Magnum 5283 Response II 8" Side Zip Plain Toe Men's Tactical/Police/ Swat Boots
- Merrell All Out Blaze Aero Sport Grey Women Outdoors Amphibious Shoes J12724
- Rieker Z8753, Womens Hi-Top Sneakers, Black SchwarzSchwarzGraphit00, 3.5 U
- Gentlemen/Ladies Demonia CRYPTO-301 We have won praise from our customers. Affordable a lot of varieties
- New Olukai Womens Pehuea Casual Slip on Boat Shoes Black / Black 1 Year Warranty
- Fratelli Rossetti tassel loafers, blue patent leather womens size US 10.5
- Angel Ranch Shoe Boots Size 6.5 M Western Cowgirl Shooties Brown Leather Mules
Sugar is now the most ubiquitous foodstuff worldwide, and has been added to virtually every processed food, limiting consumer choice and the ability to avoid it. Approximately 80 percent of the 6,000,000 consumer packaged foods in the United States have added caloric sweeteners.
Sugar’s not dangerous because of its calories, or because it makes you fat. Sugar is dangerous because it’s sugar. It’s not nutrition. When consumed in excess, it’s a toxin. And it’s addictive.
There is nothing that will improve your health, your well-being, your achievement, your sense of accomplishment, your sense of community, and the health and happiness of your family as much as cooking yourself and enjoying a meal with others.
What’s the difference between marketing and propaganda?
The food industry has propagandized the last 40 years of nutritional information.
They got rich, and we got sick.
Time to embrace the real science of real food.