Robert H. Lustig, M.D., M.S.L.
is Professor emeritus of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). He specializes in the field of neuroendocrinology, with an emphasis on the regulation of energy balance by the central nervous system. His research and clinical practice has focused on childhood obesity and diabetes. Dr. Lustig holds a Bachelor’s in Science from MIT, a Doctorate in Medicine from Cornell University. Medical College, and a Master’s of Studies in Law from U.C. Hastings College of the Law.
Dr. Lustig has fostered a global discussion of metabolic health and nutrition, exposing some of the leading myths that underlie the current pandemic of diet-related disease. He believes the food business, by pushing processed food loaded with sugar, has hacked our bodies and minds to pursue pleasure instead of happiness; fostering today’s epidemics of addiction and depression. Yet by focusing on real food, we can beat the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity, and disease.
Women Winter Colorful MInk Furry Pull On Casual Snow Mid Calf Shoes Fur Boots nnwjhj2001-Boots
Dr. Lustig’s new book is The Hacking of the American Mind.
You’ve heard of the ‘fog of war’? What about the ‘fog of food’? Can you wade through the flood of the soft drinks aisle? Or through the tundra of the frozen food aisle? Can you extricate yourself from the debris in the chips aisle? We lost 50,000 lives in Vietnam. But we lose hundreds of thousands every year from the damage done in the supermarket.
- Rebecca Minkoff Vicky Multi-Color Womens Shoes Size 5.5 M Flats MSRP $150
- Women Cinderella Wedding Party Cosplay Diamond Pumps Crystal High Heels Shoes
- Women Peep Toe Wedge Heel High Platform Snakeskin Print Upper Summer Sandals
- Topshop Black Yellow Scarf Print Pointy Slingback Heels EU40 US9.5 UK7
- Ted Baker Women's Saidaa NUDE Beige Saidaa Almond Toe Court Shoes Pump open side
- Mr/Ms Nine West Women's Farrel Pump Ideal gift for all occasions Ranked first in its class business
- Jimmy Choo Metallic Heels Beige Silver Leather Crocodile Print Pumps Size 39 9
- New Christian Dior Miss Dior open toe Gold Patent leather Shoes 35 US 5
- Dolce Vita Women Shoes Wedge Sandal Saddle Nubuck 10 New Open Toe Leather New
- Sexy Womens Open Toe Metal High Heel Stilettos Clubwear Shoes Ankle Strap Sandal
- New Roberto Serpentini Brown Leather Sandals Made in Italy Size 37 US 7
- MEN'S RED PERFERRATED NIKE SNEAKERS SZ 8.5 NWB
- Nike Air Untouchable Vapor Fsu Trainers Size 13
- Merrell Moab 2 Waterproof Hiking Shoes - Men's Size 10.5, Beluga
- NIB MENS SIZE 11.5 ADIDAS ULTIMATE B-BALL RUNNING SNEAKERS BLACK DA9653
Sugar is now the most ubiquitous foodstuff worldwide, and has been added to virtually every processed food, limiting consumer choice and the ability to avoid it. Approximately 80 percent of the 6,000,000 consumer packaged foods in the United States have added caloric sweeteners.
Sugar’s not dangerous because of its calories, or because it makes you fat. Sugar is dangerous because it’s sugar. It’s not nutrition. When consumed in excess, it’s a toxin. And it’s addictive.
There is nothing that will improve your health, your well-being, your achievement, your sense of accomplishment, your sense of community, and the health and happiness of your family as much as cooking yourself and enjoying a meal with others.
What’s the difference between marketing and propaganda?
The food industry has propagandized the last 40 years of nutritional information.
They got rich, and we got sick.
Time to embrace the real science of real food.