Robert H. Lustig, M.D., M.S.L.
is Professor emeritus of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). He specializes in the field of neuroendocrinology, with an emphasis on the regulation of energy balance by the central nervous system. His research and clinical practice has focused on childhood obesity and diabetes. Dr. Lustig holds a Bachelor’s in Science from MIT, a Doctorate in Medicine from Cornell University. Medical College, and a Master’s of Studies in Law from U.C. Hastings College of the Law.
Dr. Lustig has fostered a global discussion of metabolic health and nutrition, exposing some of the leading myths that underlie the current pandemic of diet-related disease. He believes the food business, by pushing processed food loaded with sugar, has hacked our bodies and minds to pursue pleasure instead of happiness; fostering today’s epidemics of addiction and depression. Yet by focusing on real food, we can beat the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity, and disease.
Sam Edelman Juliana Two-Tone Knee-High Boots 445, Black/Brown, 5.5 US / 35.5 EU nnwjhj2531-Boots
Dr. Lustig’s new book is The Hacking of the American Mind.
|Condition:||New without box : |
A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) that is not in original packaging or may be missing original packaging materials (such as the original box or bag). The original tags may not be attached. For example, new shoes (with absolutely no signs of wear) that are no longer in their original box fall into this category. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes:||“Display Shoe. Light scuffs in material of both shoes. The images shown are of the actual shoes for sale.”|
|Style:||Knee High Boots||Pattern:||Animal Print|
|Width:||Medium (B, M)||US Shoe Size (Women's):||US 5.5/UK 3.5/EU 36|
|Heel Height:||Low (3/4 in. to 1 1/2 in.)||UPC:||093625850761|
You’ve heard of the ‘fog of war’? What about the ‘fog of food’? Can you wade through the flood of the soft drinks aisle? Or through the tundra of the frozen food aisle? Can you extricate yourself from the debris in the chips aisle? We lost 50,000 lives in Vietnam. But we lose hundreds of thousands every year from the damage done in the supermarket.
- FRYE BOOTS JENNA CHAIN BLACK SIZE 8.5 WOMEN'S WORN 1X FOR 4 HOURS!! MINT!!!
- FRYE Women's Clara Zip Short Suede Boot - Choose SZ/Color
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Grey White Leather Mens Casual Shoes 153818C
- Vans Slip-on pro black white gum SHOES NEW 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
- Men's/Women's Puma Classic Extreme Women's Shoes Size Complete specification range Moderate cost Full range of specifications
- Gentlemen/Ladies Arcopedico L19 Cherry Lytech Ankle Boots Modern and elegant fashion In short supply Seasonal promotion
- See By Chloe Black Silver Metal-Toe Heeled Sandals 38,Au 7.5 NEW #Sunday Market
- Naturalizer Womens Samantha Leather Pointed Toe Ballet Flats
- Mr/Ms Klogs Tacoma - Black - Womens Moderate price Low price Vintage tide shoes
- OLUKAI Women's Pehuea POW! Wow! Dark Shadow/Charcoal 9.5 B US
Sugar is now the most ubiquitous foodstuff worldwide, and has been added to virtually every processed food, limiting consumer choice and the ability to avoid it. Approximately 80 percent of the 6,000,000 consumer packaged foods in the United States have added caloric sweeteners.
Sugar’s not dangerous because of its calories, or because it makes you fat. Sugar is dangerous because it’s sugar. It’s not nutrition. When consumed in excess, it’s a toxin. And it’s addictive.
There is nothing that will improve your health, your well-being, your achievement, your sense of accomplishment, your sense of community, and the health and happiness of your family as much as cooking yourself and enjoying a meal with others.
What’s the difference between marketing and propaganda?
The food industry has propagandized the last 40 years of nutritional information.
They got rich, and we got sick.
Time to embrace the real science of real food.