Robert H. Lustig, M.D., M.S.L.
is Professor emeritus of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). He specializes in the field of neuroendocrinology, with an emphasis on the regulation of energy balance by the central nervous system. His research and clinical practice has focused on childhood obesity and diabetes. Dr. Lustig holds a Bachelor’s in Science from MIT, a Doctorate in Medicine from Cornell University. Medical College, and a Master’s of Studies in Law from U.C. Hastings College of the Law.
Dr. Lustig has fostered a global discussion of metabolic health and nutrition, exposing some of the leading myths that underlie the current pandemic of diet-related disease. He believes the food business, by pushing processed food loaded with sugar, has hacked our bodies and minds to pursue pleasure instead of happiness; fostering today’s epidemics of addiction and depression. Yet by focusing on real food, we can beat the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity, and disease.
Reebok Run Blue Green Kids Boys Youth Running Shoes AQ9668 Zprint nnklwg1631-Athletic Shoes
Dr. Lustig’s new book is The Hacking of the American Mind.
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item in the original packaging (such as the original box or bag) ... Read moreabout the condition
|Authenticity:||100% Authentic Guaranteed|
|Material:||Synthetic||Shoe Type:||Running, Cross Training|
|MPN:||Aq9668||Style:||Running, Cross Training|
You’ve heard of the ‘fog of war’? What about the ‘fog of food’? Can you wade through the flood of the soft drinks aisle? Or through the tundra of the frozen food aisle? Can you extricate yourself from the debris in the chips aisle? We lost 50,000 lives in Vietnam. But we lose hundreds of thousands every year from the damage done in the supermarket.
- Via Spiga Bristol Pull On Tassel Ankle Boots, Steel, 11 US / 41 EU
- FRYE Deborah Deco Short Western Womens Brown Leather Studded Boot 7.5M MSRP $520
- Stuart Weitzman Women's Demibenatar Ankle Boot - Choose SZ/Color
- New Dr Marten 2976 Chelsea Mens Shoes Casual Boots Ankle
- Grnland Women SC3470 Low Trainers Brown Size 4 UK
- Men's/Women's Ladies Caterpillar Pull-On Heeled Boots Anna durable a good reputation in the world German Outlets
- Louboutin So Kate Authentic Nude Box Leather Pumps Patent Leather 120mm Size 38
- women's shoes EDDY DANIELE 7 () ballet flats pink suede swarovski AX903
- CLARKS Women's Candra Glow Flat Bronze Leather 7.5 M US
- Man/Woman Trotters Women's Ash Loafer flagship store Price reduction Human border
Sugar is now the most ubiquitous foodstuff worldwide, and has been added to virtually every processed food, limiting consumer choice and the ability to avoid it. Approximately 80 percent of the 6,000,000 consumer packaged foods in the United States have added caloric sweeteners.
Sugar’s not dangerous because of its calories, or because it makes you fat. Sugar is dangerous because it’s sugar. It’s not nutrition. When consumed in excess, it’s a toxin. And it’s addictive.
There is nothing that will improve your health, your well-being, your achievement, your sense of accomplishment, your sense of community, and the health and happiness of your family as much as cooking yourself and enjoying a meal with others.
What’s the difference between marketing and propaganda?
The food industry has propagandized the last 40 years of nutritional information.
They got rich, and we got sick.
Time to embrace the real science of real food.